Search

Teresa “2”, a Polish Restaurant, far NW side Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2002, 5:05 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Teresa “2”, a Polish Restaurant, far NW side Chicago

Chicago has the largest concentration of Poles outside Warsaw, Poland.
Therefore there are many Polish restaurants in Chicago mostly in the NW corridor of the city. Being a food guy, I had not actually been to a Polish restaurant, a few after funeral get togethers at some Polish banquet places, yes, but that is generally not home cooked Polish.

I had been working outside all day in a typical Chicago fall day where the temp never was above 50 degrees. As a result, I was a little chilled, so while heading home I was looking for “home cooked” style meals to take the chill off. That is when Teresa “2” came into view.

Teresa “2” is a small storefront restaurant located 4751 North Milwaukee Ave in Chicago. Phone: 773.283.0184, there are a few booths and probably 10 tables.

I was greeted upon entering and asked if I would like mushroom or vegetable soup. Bread, soup, potato, salad come with all meals.

I choose the mushroom which was terrific, there were some thin noodles added.

Bread and salad were ok, nothing special.

It was suggested that I try the cabbage rolls as I had asked what they recommended. I will admit that cabbage rolls would not have been my first choice.

Good thing I asked them for their suggestion! The ground beef and rice mixture inside the rolled cabbage leaf with a light gravy over the rolls was great, a truly good meal. I could never imagine that cabbage rolls would be so good. All this was washed down with a bottle of Polish beer.

Bill was $10

I never did find out if there is a Teresa “1” somewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.