Search

Sabor Latina Restaurants, Puerto Rican Fare

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2002, 7:49 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sabor Latina Restaurants, Puerto Rican Fare

Have been a couple times now to two restaurants that serves Puerto Rican fare.
Sabor Latina has two locations: 3810 W. North Ave, 773.227.5254 and 3522 W. Armitage, 773.385.2073, both in Chicago.

Sometimes start out with a Pastelillo or meat pie, which is a fried empanada or pastry shell w/beef filling.

One of my favorite appetizers is the Sorullos or Cheese Corn Fritters, yummy cigar shaped corn mixture that has some cheese in it. Very good.

Lunch usually consists of either a plate lunch or sandwich.

Plate lunches have been beef stew, breaded steak or the pork chop in sauce.

Sandwiches have been the PR steak sandwich, (would be terrific if toasted), or the fried pork sandwich which is very good. I recommend the plates over the sandwiches. The Puerto Ricans just don’t do sandwiches as well as Cubans, IMO.

An acquired taste is the monfongo, which are mashed green plantains stuffed w/either fish or pork. Sometimes it hits the spot and other times, just so-so.

With a coke it is tough to spend more than $7 per person for lunch.

They have a buffet of PR food, but I have yet to try it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.