Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Sunday Brunch Downtown

Sunday Brunch Downtown

Old Jul 28, 2001, 9:16 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Sunday Brunch Downtown

I'd like some recommendations for Sunday brunch downtown--on the upscale side. General description of what's offered and price would be helpful as well.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 7:14 am

For a spicier brunch, head to Frontera Grill (on N. Clark). You can order a variety of egg-based dishes or stray towards upscale Mexican cuisine. The margaritas are excellent, as well.

With appertixers and cocktails, figure on $30-40 per person, although you can get by for much less if you don't act the glutton.b

[This message has been edited by wigstheone (edited 07-29-2001).]
Old Jul 29, 2001, 9:34 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't eat eggs or spicy foods. I'm looking for a traditional champagne brunch.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 1:18 pm

Programs: United
I have always thought the Sunday bruch at the top of the Hancock building is great. First, you have arguably the best possible view of Chicago. And second, the food is interesting, very tasty, but not too far removed from your standard Sunday brunch. It's about $30 a person but well worth it for the views alone. And as I say, the food is quite tasty.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL, HH, & IHG Dia; Bonvoy Titan
Cite Restaurant on the 70th floor of Lake Point Tower offers a beautiful, uncrowded champagne brunch with a marvelous view. Costs around $30 per person. They have a web site:

http://www.cneat.com/cneat-websites/...ront_door.html

And the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the Hancock building mentioned above also has a web site:

http://www.signatureroom.com/
Old Jul 29, 2001, 3:31 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Thanks guys. This is exactly what I was looking for and interestingly, neither is in a hotel. The Signature Room displays their Sunday Brunch menu (yum yum) on their website and it's $35.95 for adults, which is right in line with what I expected for Chicago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.