Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to the free ATMs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2004, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

What happened to the free ATMs?

What happened to the surcharge-free AMEX ATMs at ORD? There used to be one in the middle of concourse B, and another between T1 and T2. However, on my last trip both were gone. Their free-charging counterparts were all their though. I wonder if the ORD T5 and MDW ATMs are still free. It is nice to be able to save the $1.50 - $3 at the airport.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 8:27 am

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
I read in the Chicago papers recently that the City Council voted to let the ATM operators start charging fees. So, looks like the freebies are over.
Old May 6, 2004, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA
When I was at ORD as recently as 4/17, the ATM near the T3 security line located by K1 was still free. You have to be/go landside, then leave your photo i.d. with the TSA staff to get to the ATM, as it's behind the line to get to the screeners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.