Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Flights from Toronto to Midway?

Old Jul 15, 2001, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton

Does anyone know if there are any airlines that offer non-stops from Toronto (YYZ) to Midway in Chicago? I've searched quite a bit of the airlines, and other travel sites, and couldn't find the answer.

Thanks for your help.

bj-21.

------------------
'Tis better to have played and won, then never to have played at all.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 1:36 pm

Don't believe that there is one any more. MDW does NOT have any Customs space. About 10 years ago, Canadian did fly this route.

Looks you will have to use ORD. But, be sure to check for frequent deals(on the weekends) with AA, UA, AC. Current AC special is $133 in US $. See smarterliving.com
Old Jul 29, 2001, 2:19 pm
In memoriam

There are definitely no non-stops, but it also appears there is no service either (at least according to Orbitz). I do find this a little odd because you don't clear Customs in the U.S. when flying from Canada. NW serves MDW from MSP, so there must be some federal regulation why they cannot sell this route.
Old Jul 29, 2001, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
As part of the Midway renovation/expansion, immigration and customs space is being added to handle international flights. I know that you clear US customs in Canada before leaving but I don't know if that means the flight can fly into an airport that does not have international facilities.
Old Aug 4, 2001, 6:02 am

Given the relatively short distance(500-550 miles) between Chicago and Toronto, somebody should fly a low-priced MDW-YYZ. But, since Southwest doesn't fly to Canada, maybe that's why. Also, I'm sure international air treaties/agreements have something to do with it. If your heart is set on using MDW, looks like you can one-stop w/NW(thru DTW) and CO(thru CLE)

Chicago and Toronto both have similar qualities: business center, many ethnic neighborhoods, located on a Great Lake, lots of recreation, good entertainment, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.