Reload this Page >

Internet access at ORD

Internet access at ORD

Old Jul 10, 2001, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, SQ SL
Internet access at ORD

Hi,
I'll be in ORD next week en route to SFO and would may need to get online during the layover. I have heard of the Laptop Lane there.
Does anyone have experience with this place? Is there a charge for access? What about any specific hardware requirement (ethernet card etc)? I'm not a member of RCC or elite level on UA.
thanks for your response
BlrGuy
Old Jul 12, 2001, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
I have not used Laptop Lane myself but I have noticed that there are 2 in Terminal 1 (sounds like you're flying UA). One is in Concourse B down by gate B5 (IIRC) and the other is in the connecting tunnel between concourse B & C, under the escalators to B & close to the escalators to baggage claim. I would figure there's a charge for access but they have their own desktop PCs there so you wouldn't have to worry about equipment. Not sure what their policy & requirements are for using your own laptop though. HTH...

------------------
Regards,
- Anna
Old Jul 13, 2001, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
According to their web site at http://www.laptoplane.com/ they charge $5.00 for the first 5 minutes, and 65 cents for each addtional minute.

You can either use their desktop PCs, or plug your laptop in to their network via DHCP.
Old Jul 15, 2001, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, SQ SL
Thanks for your suggestions AnnaS and dmfriedman! Yes I am flying UA. I hope to use the Laptop Lane facilities while I'm at ORD tomorrow evening.
BlrGuy
Old Jul 22, 2001, 7:17 pm
In memoriam

That is one hefty charge. Any other options at all outside of the clubs.
Old Jul 24, 2001, 5:24 pm

A few of the payphones have a modem jack, but that's not exactly the most comfortable working environment.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.