Search

Chicago Area flights to the Northwoods of Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2003, 9:01 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Chicago Area flights to the Northwoods of Wisconsin

While there always charters available to fly anywhere, there is a charter airline that flys regular scheduled flights to/from Palwaukee (NW Chicago suburb of Wheeling) to Woodruff/Minocqua airport and Eagle River airport areas in Wisconsin.

We've used the service quite a few times and they have always been on time.

The company, Trans North Aviation is the only charter company I know of that allows a single ticket to be purchased, instead of the whole plane. One can fly one way if they wish as well, no extra charge.

If you need flights between the Chicago Area and the Northwoods of Wisconsin, check out Trans North Aviation http://www.transnorth.com/

I want to add that I am in no way associated with Trans North, they just offer a valuable service IMO.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Apr 1, 2010, 8:07 pm

I grew up near Eagle River and never knew about this until now.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:59 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunately received the following from MaxAir who was running the regular Northwoods Shuttle flights

[color=#201f1e]Unfortunately we have made the decision to not offer the Shuttle this year. Due to increased demand for private charters, as well as the increase in costs to operate, it was not in the best interest of the business to run the shuttle. We are available to quote the route on the days needed and you own the plane for those dates, all 8 seats. Please let us know your dates and if you would like a quote.
As you can imagine, to charter the entire plane is a 9X+ cost increase vs cost of the shuttle ticket

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Apr 19, 2022 at 3:17 pm
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:42 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I noticed they seemed to have disappeared in my searches but didn’t realize they had canned the service entirely. Even the volume of service on the US legacy majors/regional partners to more central parts of the state has thinned out considerably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.