Wiki Posts
Search

Cleveland Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2002, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Cleveland Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum

I visited there last weekend, and had a great time! There was a special celebration happening, so admission was free and the place was packed.

Cameras can be used inside the entrance, but you have to check them downstairs before entering the majority of the exhibit space.

They had some displays of 1930's musicians, on up until about the year 2000. John Lennon exhibit occupied the entire top of the glass pyramid structure.

The Great Lakes freighter museum next door is also interesting, as is the Science Hall. Walk up the street toward downtown and you will find a mall with food court only about 2 blocks from the "Rock Hall."

------------------
Middle_Seat
Old Sep 26, 2002, 5:27 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Middle_Seat:
I visited there last weekend, and had a great time!.......

The Great Lakes freighter museum next door is also interesting.....
</font>
The R&R Hall of Fame is a great time if you like music. IMO only the EXP in Seattle was better than this (and that is just becuase I'm a huge Hendrix fan)

Did not know about the Great Lakes Freighter Museum. Good to know for next time in CLE.

Edited to add: Middle_Seat, by the “Great Lakes Freighter Museum” are you referring to the William G. Mather Museum??

Here is a link to the William G. Mather Museum w/hours, location and what to expect: http://little.nhlink.net/wgm/wgmhome.html

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 09-26-2002).]
Old Sep 26, 2002, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Did not know about the Great Lakes Freighter Museum. Good to know for next time in CLE.

Edited to add: Middle_Seat, by the “Great Lakes Freighter Museum” are you referring to the William G. Mather Museum??

Here is a link to the William G. Mather Museum w/hours, location and what to expect: http://little.nhlink.net/wgm/wgmhome.html
</font>
Yes, that's it. The William G. Mather is a freighter that was in use on the Great Lakes for many years, and is now permenently anchored as a museum next to the R&R Hall of Fame. In fact, it lines up with the runways of Cleveland's lakefront general-aviation airport.

------------------
Middle_Seat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.