Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Hare Overnight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

O'Hare Overnight

Arriving 2pm from SFO on Alaskan and fly out of Terminal 5 at 10am the following day to Africa on Ethiopian. 24000 points for standard room at Hilton, I have gold status. So, I guess free breakfast... 15000 points for Hyatt Regency for a suite. Have no status at Hyatt. Leaning towards Hyatt. Seems just as easy or easier to take Hyatt shuttle to Terminal 5 as it is to get to Terminal 5 from Hilton. Any recommendations for my overnight. Have plenty of Amex and Chase points. Will probably catch the Blue Line into the city for drinks and dinner.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
When I'm at ORD I usually stay at the Renaissance Suites O'Hare, which has blue line stop next to it. Easy into the city & to ORD. Their exec lounge is open if you get a club floor room or have status. Has restaurant & bar. Might be able to use your Amex & Chase points.

It's been a long time since I've stayed at the Hilton, but it's certainly convenient to ORD & blue line as well.

Cheers.
btscott likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
You've got a little bit of time. Id stay somewhere in Rosemont, they all have shuttles. There are plenty of walkable restaurants, movie theater, outlet mall, outdoor areas to hang out.

Look at a map and see where the groups of hotels are. Most likely by the convention center which is a walkable area.

The Hyatt Regency is nice, but its not exactly located near that entertainment area.

Aloft, Hilton Rosemont, Double Tree or Embassy Suites would be better for walking distance.
btscott likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:19 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by grbflyer
You've got a little bit of time. Id stay somewhere in Rosemont, they all have shuttles. There are plenty of walkable restaurants, movie theater, outlet mall, outdoor areas to hang out.

Look at a map and see where the groups of hotels are. Most likely by the convention center which is a walkable area.

The Hyatt Regency is nice, but its not exactly located near that entertainment area.

Aloft, Hilton Rosemont, Double Tree or Embassy Suites would be better for walking distance.
The Renaissance is a good one, too.
grbflyer likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Booked Hyatt Regency VIP Suite for 16000 points.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Rosemont has a free minibus route connecting the Rosemont Blue Line CTA station to its entertainment district along River Road. It runs into the overnight hours. On it, you can get to Crust Brwg., which I can recommend.
GUWonder and btscott like this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Also , remember that the Hilton in the US no longer do free breakfast but gives a Food & Beverage credit for gold & diamond ( $15 but $18 in Chicago and some other high priced cities). That may not be enough for a free breakfast.
Some details here

Guide To Hilton Honors Elite Food & Beverage Credit - One Mile at a Time

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 23, 2023, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Have a 10am flight, so want to be close to airport. Hyatt seems fine. Especially the $700 room for 16000 points. Will take the train to Wicker Park for cocktails, beer and New Haven style pizza. Being from New Haven and now living in California, looking forward to that. I know it's deep dish country, but kind of lost my taste for it.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by btscott
Will take the train to Wicker Park for cocktails, beer and New Haven style pizza. Being from New Haven and now living in California, looking forward to that. I know it's deep dish country, but kind of lost my taste for it.
Real Chicagoans go for tavern-style pizza.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.