Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Do a lot of sober people go to Skyline (CVG)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2023, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member

I lived in Cincinnati years ago and Skyline Chili after the bars was a tradition as I remember it. I was planning on stopping by for dinner to go after a function that ends at 10. I double checked to see how late they were open - 9? When did that happen?
Old Jun 14, 2023, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Probably post-Pandemic staffing issues. I just call it the "new normal". In downtown Denver, it's really difficult to find anything open after 10pm. Even in Rome, it seems like most everything closes by 11pm.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Probably post-Pandemic staffing issues. I just call it the "new normal". In downtown Denver, it's really difficult to find anything open after 10pm. Even in Rome, it seems like most everything closes by 11pm.
Good point. I didn't even think of that.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 9:09 am

But in answer to your question, I previously found that eating at Skyline after a night of drinking was almost certain to result in waking up in the middle of the night (I will leave the rest unsaid). So in my experience, being sober for the skyline experience is a must.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
I lived in Cincinnati years ago and Skyline Chili after the bars was a tradition as I remember it. I was planning on stopping by for dinner to go after a function that ends at 10. I double checked to see how late they were open - 9? When did that happen?
They operated drive thru and/ or pick up only for their stores for the duration of the pandemic. When they opened up, seating was distanced and service did suffer. We used to go as a family every week but eventually stopped because of the crappy service and now, on occasion, we may pick some up and eat at home.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thestellarossa
They operated drive thru and/ or pick up only for their stores for the duration of the pandemic. When they opened up, seating was distanced and service did suffer. We used to go as a family every week but eventually stopped because of the crappy service and now, on occasion, we may pick some up and eat at home.

That makes sense, thanks. And Welcome to Flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.