Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

ORD Terminal 5 discussion (more recent posts)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD Terminal 5 discussion (more recent posts)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2024, 1:01 pm

At T5, there is a second smaller security checkpoint that is sometimes open and sometimes closed. Does anyone know which hours that this checkpoint is open and which hours that it is closed?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guflyer
At T5, there is a second smaller security checkpoint that is sometimes open and sometimes closed. Does anyone know which hours that this checkpoint is open and which hours that it is closed?
It's CP11 and usually open between 1000-2000 which is a recent change.
guflyer likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by ords
It's CP11 and usually open between 1000-2000 which is a recent change.
Does CP11 have precheck?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:06 pm

It has not when I have used the checkpoint. However, I sometimes fly airlines for which Precheck is not available and for those airlines, I strongly prefer that checkpoint over the main one that has Precheck.
chessman likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Seasoned traveler here but :

Tho a 1MM with United I don't think I have ever entered the States thru ORD.

Flying PVR-ORD tomorrow with 1h 35m to connect ORD-SJU @ C22. Carryon only.

Can someone advise best/fastest way from T5 to T1 where I believe C22 is ? I believe there is a bus ? Or is it walkable ?

When I am dropped @ T1 I will be outside, correct? .... and need to clear security again @ T1 ? Assume there is Pre-check @ T1 ? Any "ninja" shorter lines for Pre @ T1 ?

TIA so much.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
Tho a 1MM with United I don't think I have ever entered the States thru ORD.

Flying PVR-ORD tomorrow with 1h 35m to connect ORD-SJU @ C22. Carryon only.

Can someone advise best/fastest way from T5 to T1 where I believe C22 is ? I believe there is a bus ? Or is it walkable ?

When I am dropped @ T1 I will be outside, correct? .... and need to clear security again @ T1 ? Assume there is Pre-check @ T1 ? Any "ninja" shorter lines for Pre @ T1 ?

TIA so much.
You have to go through security anyway if you have come through immigration and customs. If you have GE and Pre-check then you should be OK. The most reliable way T5 to T1 is the train and signs will direct you to it after you exit baggage recheck (which you will just walk through). You can then go through TSA at T1. There is an air side bus but it is less frequent than the train and you still have to go through TSA at T5 to get to it. There is no way to walk from T5 to T1.
comfortablynumb likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:45 am

Can someone advise best/fastest way from T5 to T1
Originally Posted by MADPhil
The most reliable way T5 to T1 is the train and signs will direct you to it after you exit baggage recheck
To be even more specific, customs and international baggage claim are on the ground floor. The ATS (train) is on a sort of mezzanine level between arrivals and departures. The sign will say something like "Transport to: Connecting Flights" or "Airport Transit to ① ② ③"
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by MADPhil
You have to go through security anyway if you have come through immigration and customs. If you have GE and Pre-check then you should be OK. The most reliable way T5 to T1 is the train and signs will direct you to it after you exit baggage recheck (which you will just walk through). You can then go through TSA at T1. There is an air side bus but it is less frequent than the train and you still have to go through TSA at T5 to get to it. There is no way to walk from T5 to T1.

Funny the UA app told me an 82 minute walk lol

GE empty, train easy to find, PRE✔️ @ T1 had one person in front of me. My gate changed to B8 so was right in front of me after PRE✔️

Thx so much !
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt
To be even more specific, customs and international baggage claim are on the ground floor. The ATS (train) is on a sort of mezzanine level between arrivals and departures. The sign will say something like "Transport to: Connecting Flights" or "Airport Transit to ① ② ③"
Thx for the details, knowing what to look for and indeed going up a level thx to your clear instructions was such a big help. Thank you !
_kurt likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Funny the UA app told me an 82 minute walk lol
Well it's about two miles by car but you probably wouldn't get away with walking in the road! Perhaps there is a circuitous footpath that doesn't violate security but I don't think anyone on FT has reported finding it.
I'm glad your passage was smooth,.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:41 am

Now that BA is leaving T5, and SAS is moving from the Sky Alliance to Sky Team, I am wondering what is going to happen to their lounges.

1. What will happen to the British Airways lounge? Will it remain open as a different type of lounge, or will something else, perhaps another lounge, enter its spot?

2. What lounge will be used for other One World carriers, flying into T5?

3. With SAS moving to Sky Team, will they start using the Delta lounge or will they keep using the current lounge?

4, Will other Sky Team airlines get a new lounge to use in T5?

5. If SAS starts using the Delta lounge, will a new lounge move into the current lounge location?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.