Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Access to ORD and MDW terminals restricted beginning 7/31/2020.

Old Jul 31, 20, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Apparently, access to the O'Hare and Midway terminals will be limited to ticketed passengers and employees starting Friday night 7/31/2020. They will even set up check points at night for people exiting the CTA to check that they have a ticket or employee ID.

This is in addition to yesterday's announcement that passengers can no longer board trains from midnight to 4:00 am, but can still exit trains. I don't know what they'll do if someone arrives on a train at 12:15 am but doesn't have a copy of a ticket on them. In fact, I haven't carried a copy of a ticket with me to the airport this century. I just get a boarding pass at the self-checkin.

And I don't know what they'll do about people who want to take the train to a car rental place or want to transfer to a Pace bus.

ADVISORY: Terminal Access To Be Limited To Ticketed Travelers and Airport Employees

Old Jul 31, 20, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
At this time, there are no plans for daytime checkpoints, but CDA security and CPD reserve the right to request to see appropriate credentials (employee badge or boarding pass).
Old Aug 4, 20, 6:38 am

I'll make a guess. One reason is to prevent homeless people from setting up shop in the airport.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: