What to do in Omaha?

Old Feb 27, 17, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Hertz PC
What to do in Omaha?

I'm going with a buddy to the annual Berkshire Hathaway meeting in a couple months. While we will undoubtedly spend a good amount of time at the arena hanging out, I was curious if anyone had tips for where to eat or drink that is in the nearby (walkable) vicinity. We are staying at one of the hotels next to the arena and do not have a car.

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 17, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Downtown Omaha has some restored historic buildings and a lively area with restaurants and bars. I think the area is called Old Market. There are also a couple museums, IIRC one art and one history but a bit more unique.....There's a new Hyatt Place so you could look on their website for suggestions of things to do and see if you don't want to start with a normal google search.

Don't forget that Omaha was at the center of the movie Up in The Air.
Old Feb 27, 17, 8:07 pm

Programs: United 1P
Not walkable from your hotel (and cabs can be hard to come by during Berkshire weekend), but the Union Pacific Railroad Museum (http://www.uprrmuseum.org/) across the river in Council Bluffs is excellent if you have even a passing interest in trains.
Old May 30, 17, 7:31 pm

Programs: USair BA DL AA
There are plenty of places to eat and drink but try to find time to go out to the Strategic Air Museum.

Search this Thread