Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'hare to Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

O'hare to Dublin

Hello, I'm flying from O'hare to Dublin in 13 days. I'll be flying out on a Wednesday evening on Aer Lingus. Does anyone know how busy O'hare is on a Wednesday? I'll be flying in and have to switch over to terminal 5. Also how likely would there be extra empty seats next to me?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flygirl314
Hello, I'm flying from O'hare to Dublin in 13 days. I'll be flying out on a Wednesday evening on Aer Lingus. Does anyone know how busy O'hare is on a Wednesday? I'll be flying in and have to switch over to terminal 5. Also how likely would there be extra empty seats next to me?
The UK/Ireland forum is probably the wrong place to ask this.Why not try the Chicago sub-forum of MidWest.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Agreed, for specific questions about ORD, post in the Chicago forum.

Wednesday night will be a normal night at ORD, not particularly busy like a Thursday or Sunday night. T5 is of course a separate building and you'll need to go through security again, so if you have a short connection time, you will need to hurry. There's a train between T1-3 and T5.

I don't think anyone can answer the question about seats two weeks out. My favorite tactic is to approach the gate agent, smile and be friendly, and ask if there's a seat that's likely to go out with an empty next to it. Probably my imagination, but I like to think they remember not to automatically assign that one to a standby unless it's full.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I asked a mod to move the thread so getting it to the right place is in hand i.e. the Chicago board. Though the Aer Lingus board might be an alternative.

It's impossible to say if you'll have an an empty seat next to you. Depends which cabin you are in.There are people who have access to seat maps via expert flyer but you'd need to post your flight numbers and dates.

Sometimes seat allocation algorithms are illogical. Once I was doing OLCI check-in and had been sat next to someone else in J yet there were empty rows elsewhere in the cabin and I was travelling on my own!
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
...Sometimes seat allocation algorithms are illogical. Once I was doing OLCI check-in and had been sat next to someone else in J yet there were empty rows elsewhere in the cabin and I was travelling on my own!
That's not entirely illogical. The computers might try to put singles next to each other to save pairs of seats for people traveling together. You can always pick a different seat at OLCI if it's available, or move in flight if there are still two unoccupied seats together at that point.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:43 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
As requested, moving to the Chicago forum to find out about O'Hare. It's my kinda forum.

stut
UK & Ireland

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.