Tram at MSP

Old Apr 15, 16, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Tram at MSP

On April 9 I flew through MSP and the tram was down as were several of the moving walkways. Does anyone know if things are back in order by now? First time I ever had to deal with problems like that there.
Old Apr 15, 16, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Audie View Post
On April 9 I flew through MSP and the tram was down as were several of the moving walkways. Does anyone know if things are back in order by now? First time I ever had to deal with problems like that there.
I think someone posted about the tram repairs in the DL airline forum but I don't recall the details.

Check the MSP security changes thread over there. One of the active participants, IIRC with Carmen in the username, is a roving travelers' assistance volunteer at MSP and can give you the latest info about the status of the tram.

BTW, I assume you're talking about the tram that runs the length of the C concourse and not the light rail to/from the airport nor the little train in the basement that goes to the rear of the general parking ramp.

Also, try to look for one of the electric golf carts that roam MSP. They're not just for the handicapped, although people with special needs have priority and there are a bunch of seats marked for handicapped passengers in the waiting areas. If you have a very tight connection, a small tip (visible in your hand) will usually result in a quick nonstop ride to your gate.
Old Apr 15, 16, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), SPG (Gold), MR (Gold)
Tram wasn't working last Saturday. All the moving walkways I saw were operational.
Old Apr 15, 16, 7:58 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards

Moderator Action: I have moved this to the Midwest forum, where you may get more replies.
Old Jun 18, 16, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
I will say that I've seen the tram unexpectedly inop on several occasions, and if you have a quick connection from, say, F20 down to deep in the B gates, its absence is a serious problem. That is a long walk / run.
Old Jun 18, 16, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BearX220 View Post
I will say that I've seen the tram unexpectedly inop on several occasions, and if you have a quick connection from, say, F20 down to deep in the B gates, its absence is a serious problem. That is a long walk / run.
When you've seen it inoperable, has it been mostly on the weekends? For my trips, that's when I've noticed it out more so than during the busier weekdays.
Old Jun 21, 16, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
When you've seen it inoperable, has it been mostly on the weekends? For my trips, that's when I've noticed it out more so than during the busier weekdays.
No clear recollection, but when I have to go down to A/B those are mostly leisure trips (visiting my kid at university, heading for FAR or GFK), so perhaps they were Saturday afternoon events.

Search this Thread