Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Over Night MR to ORD with 11 hours to have fun!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Hi there..
Im arriving ORD second Thursday of December at 5:00 p.m. and leaving from ORD early morning the following day 6:00a.m. ( overnight MR ) Want to enjoy the town. I plan on taking the "L to the city center and back. What would suggest that I do? I like ethnic low brow places with lots of character. Also fun drinking spots as well. I will not have a hotel, so is it possible to pull an all nighter ( any places to rest? shower? ) I have Priorty Plus Select, *Gold and US Air Membership which allows all *Gold Clubs. I will probably head back to the Airport around 3 or 4 am ( Is the "L" safe at that time ) Just looking for tips, suggestions and whatever from my fellow FTers in Chicago. Thanks in advance
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Can't you change to red-eye flight and have an entire day in Chicago instead? Real challenge will be 11pm-3AM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
I'd suggest getting off at the Damen stop (Bucktown/Wicker Park). Lots of cool shops and a bunch of bars/restaruants within a 4 block radius. You could easily kill a whole night rolling around the area.

There's another strip of shops/bars/restaurants on W. Division in Wicker Park (between Ashland and Western). That area is about 8-10min walk (south) from the Damen stop.

Blue line is fine @ all hours.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
I second Wicker Park suggestion. There are a few places open 'til 4 am (Wicker Park Tavern comes to mind, on North Ave just East of Damen).

United Clubs open at 4:30, but unfortunately have no showers. The main Admirals Club in T3 does have showers, but it opens at 5 am - might be doable if you are quick and are willing to buy a 1-day pass. T3 -> T1 walk will take about 15 - 20 min, depending on where your departure gate is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.