Wiki Posts
Search

Yvr - ord - mun

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Yvr - ord - mun

Hi,

I've transferred in ORD coming from MUN before and would have missed my flight if it hadn't been delayed.
I'm obviously now very reluctant to transfer in ORD as I have heard that unless you have 3 hours for international transfers you may be out of luck.

I'm looking at a flight from YVR going through ORD to MUN.
My question is - if I have already been through customs in YVR will I have to wait in that same queue that can take hours?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Adrienne K
Hi,

I've transferred in ORD coming from MUN before and would have missed my flight if it hadn't been delayed.
I'm obviously now very reluctant to transfer in ORD as I have heard that unless you have 3 hours for international transfers you may be out of luck.

I'm looking at a flight from YVR going through ORD to MUN.
My question is - if I have already been through customs in YVR will I have to wait in that same queue that can take hours?

Thanks in advance
Welcome to FlyerTalk Adrienne K !!

If you have already cleared US Customs and Immigration, you will land at one of the domestic terminals (T1, T2, or T3 ... depending on your airline). Assuming you are flying on a single ticket, your bags should be checked through and you should not have to go through security at ORD again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.