Cost of cabs in Chicago centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cost of cabs in Chicago centre

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Off topic. I remember a cabbie in Shanghai telling me how to say "Hilton" in Cantonese: sheer-don.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:19 pm

Some Taxi Company phone numbers provided by the official Chicago Dept. of Aviation web site:

http://flychicago.com/PassengerInfor...Providers.aspx
Old May 24, 2011, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Thanks for all your posts.
We tried to get a bus from Michigan Avenue to MOSI but was told by our hotel that it did not run on a Thursday & to get a cab.
Needless to say we bought a day ticket & took the advice posted here and reached the museum for a fraction of the cost, using the pass later to go to Navy Pier.
We managed to do The Adler Planitarium by bus the following day before our departure for ORD.
CTA staff are so friendly & helpful and, yes, it's an easy system to use.
Old May 24, 2011, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Tanya934
Thanks for all your posts.
We tried to get a bus from Michigan Avenue to MOSI but was told by our hotel that it did not run on a Thursday & to get a cab.
Needless to say we bought a day ticket & took the advice posted here and reached the museum for a fraction of the cost, using the pass later to go to Navy Pier.
We managed to do The Adler Planitarium by bus the following day before our departure for ORD.
CTA staff are so friendly & helpful and, yes, it's an easy system to use.
Good for you for finding your way! Transitchicago.com is a great resource for public transport travel-planning help in Chicago.

I never understand hotel staff who are ignorant of/lie about public transportation schedules. I was at a Hong Kong hotel last year & asked the concierge which bus route would take me to Stanley Market via the mountain route (rather than through the tunnel). He looked at me like I was crazy and told me that route hadn't existed for years. Only after I got to Stanley Market & turned around to head back did I discover that there are several bus routes that go over the mountain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.