L2O Restaurant - Lincoln Park

Subscribe
anyone been?

I've read some some good things & L2O has been on TV a few times, looked wonderful.

http://www.l2orestaurant.com/

--
My boyfriend and I went there last June. It was superb. Great food, thoughtful wine pairings, knowledgeable and helpful staff...all around great. But it ain't cheap.
Was there last Friday. Very nice room. Food was well put together. Service was very good, decor plating, etc. all what you would expect for the price. If you go, get the foie gras dish as one of your selections. You'll understand why once it arrives.

For two people and their "cheapest option", the four course tasting, look to drop around $450-500 for two w/drinks.
I dined there about a month ago. I enjoyed the meal and the service was worth the hefty check. The sommelier did a great job suggesting a great wine for us. I agree about the foie gras (I'd love talk about it, but I don't want the ruin the shock, awe, and/or WT F reaction you will have when it is presented!!)

My only snoobby, foodie type-gripe is their only caviar selection was farmed, which is not my favorite.
I walk by it all the time but my concern has always been the prices. I wonder if they are worth it. Nevertheless a nice addition to the neighborhood. Brown Trout ( a little further south) is a nice spot too
Ooops...L2O not LM...sorry!
Quote:
For two people and their "cheapest option", the four course tasting, look to drop around $450-500 for two w/drinks.
OMG!

There really are "Two Americas."
thanks for the replies all^

Quote: I agree about the foie gras (I'd love talk about it, but I don't want the ruin the shock, awe, and/or WT F reaction you will have when it is presented!!)
I think one of the most unique foie gras presentations I've expereinced, was when Grant Achatz was chef at Trio Restaurant in Evanston IL. The presentation was foie gras in a hollow glass tube, one inhaled the contents into the mouth. mmmmmmm foie gras goodness^