L2O Restaurant - Lincoln Park

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:31 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
L2O Restaurant - Lincoln Park

anyone been?

I've read some some good things & L2O has been on TV a few times, looked wonderful.

http://www.l2orestaurant.com/

--
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My boyfriend and I went there last June. It was superb. Great food, thoughtful wine pairings, knowledgeable and helpful staff...all around great. But it ain't cheap.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: AA, WN, IC AMB
Was there last Friday. Very nice room. Food was well put together. Service was very good, decor plating, etc. all what you would expect for the price. If you go, get the foie gras dish as one of your selections. You'll understand why once it arrives.

For two people and their "cheapest option", the four course tasting, look to drop around $450-500 for two w/drinks.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:57 pm

I dined there about a month ago. I enjoyed the meal and the service was worth the hefty check. The sommelier did a great job suggesting a great wine for us. I agree about the foie gras (I'd love talk about it, but I don't want the ruin the shock, awe, and/or WT F reaction you will have when it is presented!!)

My only snoobby, foodie type-gripe is their only caviar selection was farmed, which is not my favorite.

Last edited by DataPlumber; Feb 25, 2010 at 9:05 pm
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:27 am

I walk by it all the time but my concern has always been the prices. I wonder if they are worth it. Nevertheless a nice addition to the neighborhood. Brown Trout ( a little further south) is a nice spot too
Old Feb 26, 2010, 8:28 am

Ooops...L2O not LM...sorry!
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Meixner007

For two people and their "cheapest option", the four course tasting, look to drop around $450-500 for two w/drinks.
OMG!

There really are "Two Americas."
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:41 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks for the replies all^

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
I agree about the foie gras (I'd love talk about it, but I don't want the ruin the shock, awe, and/or WT F reaction you will have when it is presented!!)
I think one of the most unique foie gras presentations I've expereinced, was when Grant Achatz was chef at Trio Restaurant in Evanston IL. The presentation was foie gras in a hollow glass tube, one inhaled the contents into the mouth. mmmmmmm foie gras goodness^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.