Wiki Posts
Search

family of 5 driving from Bloomington, IL to Houston, TX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
family of 5 driving from Bloomington, IL to Houston, TX

My wife and I are taking our three daughters (ages 12, 9 & 7) to Houston at the end of this month.

When I use Mapquest, Google Map or any other map website, I am told to take either 55-south from Bloomington, IL all the way down to Memphis, TN, or take 74-east from Bloomington, IL over to Champaign, IL then hop on 57-south the Memphis.

Can anyone tell me which one I should take, 55 or 57?

I want to stop at a hotel somewhere around Shreveport, do you have any suggestions for a family of 5? I need an in-door pool for the girls.

Thank you, Jim
Old Dec 2, 2009, 9:17 am

6 of one, half dozen of the other. The only thing to recommend the 55 route is that it passes through St. Louis so you get a view of the arch as you cross the river...

If you are just looking for quick then take 57. It's a bit longer but it's less hilly and avoids St. Louis traffic (of which there is none but you never know.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.