Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirTran adds 2x daily MKE-DCA service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
Perhaps with DL moving over to "E," FL will take over 20 and 21.
I think Delta will move on Tuesday, leaving 20 & 21 for AirTran. I'll be on the C concourse Saturday, so I will be able to scope out the gate assignments.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Accor Live Limitless Diamond
Which gates?

So is DL just moving into existing NW gates at MKE, or is CO moving out of E, and DL picking up extra gates? Guess that makes it easy to share the club in E!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by msntriathlete
So is DL just moving into existing NW gates at MKE, or is CO moving out of E, and DL picking up extra gates? Guess that makes it easy to share the club in E!
DL is moving into the existing NW gate areas on E, and gates C20 and C21 will go to FL. CO is not moving at this time.

In addition, ticket counters will be shuffled and FL will get additional space there due to DL also being folded in to NW's ticket counter. On top of that, FL will take over DL's baggage service office.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Tim34
Airtran just added a second flight to Seattle from Milwaukee. It is a red eye.

Are they up to 40 flights now?
Can their 4 gates handle that many flights?
They have added red eyes to SFO, SEA and perhaps others. FL is increasing to six gates at MKE, so there is plenty of room. These late evening departure/red eye return flights can be accommodated with ease, since the aircraft would normally be sitting overnight anyway.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
DL is moving into the existing NW gate areas on E, and gates C20 and C21 will go to FL. CO is not moving at this time.

In addition, ticket counters will be shuffled and FL will get additional space there due to DL also being folded in to NW's ticket counter. On top of that, FL will take over DL's baggage service office.

Yep, the move starts tonight, not sure if last Delta overnights of the day will park at E or C (then be towed over).
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Tim34
Are they up to 40 flights now?
Can their 4 gates handle that many flights?
The two new redeye flights bring them up to 35/day at Milwaukee. With the use of Delta's former gates they should be okay. They are definitely operating some connecting banks where they will be full, but I think everybody will have a gate.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:10 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
It is now official on the MKE airport map. AirTran now has 6 gates in C and Delta is now in E. Northwest is gone from the map.

http://www.mitchellairport.com/terminal.html
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: UA1K MM, LH Senator, HH Plat, Priority Club Gold, UA RCC, Global Entry
With CO joining the Star Alliance in October, will they move their gates to the C terminal to be closer to United's like they plan on doing at O'Hare?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by MKE 1K
With CO joining the Star Alliance in October, will they move their gates to the C terminal to be closer to United's like they plan on doing at O'Hare?
I suppose American or US Air could be asked to swap gates with CO. MKE officials will have to work out the logistics. I think it is almost time to consider terminal expansion at MKE.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:42 am

Programs: UA1K MM, LH Senator, HH Plat, Priority Club Gold, UA RCC, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyYX
I suppose American or US Air could be asked to swap gates with CO. MKE officials will have to work out the logistics. I think it is almost time to consider terminal expansion at MKE.
Not to get this even further off topic, but does MKE still have an international terminal? If space is needed they could use that. It is not as if they have so many international flights arriving everyday that they could not accomadate the trafic.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH diamond, Midwest Miles (RIP), NWA WP (RIP)
What would be the benefit to CO of moving to C? Sure, it makes sense to be together by alliance, but DL has been ST and didn't move until the merger. Clubs could be a selling point, but no US, UA or CO club in MKE...only the BCC on D and now Skyclub on E. If UA, US or CO were connecting pax in MKE, it would make sense to be together, but how much connecting traffic will we see within Star at MKE? I would guess UA and US have next to none right now, so I can't see CO's ERJs bringing any more really.

From airliners, at MKE this AM, DL parked an A320 and E145 behind E69. Haven't done the math, but I assume they ran more flights a day (or at least the same # at the AM bank) in the focus city days. No word if the used the "double gate" at E68.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:04 pm

Not to get this even further off topic, but does MKE still have an international terminal? If space is needed they could use that. It is not as if they have so many international flights arriving everyday that they could not accomadate the trafic.
Yes, there is still an international terminal with one gate.

On the issue of terminal expansion...the expansion of Concourse C was just completed last year. There is no current need for more space. As things stand right now, if a carrier wanted to do agressive expansion at the airport, YX could be asked to relinquish underutilized gates on D.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyYX
I think it is almost time to consider terminal expansion at MKE.
Don't hold your breath.

I don't foresee the proposed F and G concourses ever getting built. Just like the rest of Milwaukee, keep plugging along with what you have.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Yes, there is still an international terminal with one gate.
AirTran used the International Terminal this winter when it operated charters from Cancun. Then they towed the 737 back over to C.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
Don't hold your breath.

I don't foresee the proposed F and G concourses ever getting built. Just like the rest of Milwaukee, keep plugging along with what you have.
This is the exact type of thinking that doesn't make Milwaukee progressive. Wisconsin's State Motto is "Forward". Milwaukee's Motto is "Idle" or "Status Quo is good enough for me". LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.