Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full new schedule out

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: HiltonHHonors Silver; SPG Gold; Midwest Airlines
MKE to MCO for the Holidays?

Can anyone tell me if YX had been flying the MKE-MCO route last year around the holidays? We are looking for a flight around Thanksgiving and the times/connections and fares are just terrible on any other airlines.
What is the likelihood that Midwest will add this route?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by kelleek
Can anyone tell me if YX had been flying the MKE-MCO route last year around the holidays? We are looking for a flight around Thanksgiving and the times/connections and fares are just terrible on any other airlines.
What is the likelihood that Midwest will add this route?
As things stand right now, Midwest will be operating MKE-MCO flights this Thanksgiving.

MCO was converted to seasonal service last fall and I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them drop the route for the month of September (one of the weakest travel months of the year, especially for leisure travel) but flights should be back in place by October.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
As things stand right now, Midwest will be operating MKE-MCO flights this Thanksgiving.

MCO was converted to seasonal service last fall and I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them drop the route for the month of September (one of the weakest travel months of the year, especially for leisure travel) but flights should be back in place by October.
Any thoughts on when those flights will be available to be booked. Currently they show no flights available the +/-3 days around our travel days. (not even NWA flights)

Oh, and that is why DH and I love traveling in Sept Unfortunately the family members refuse to take their kids out of school.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by kelleek
Any thoughts on when those flights will be available to be booked. Currently they show no flights available the +/-3 days around our travel days. (not even NWA flights)
I just noticed that myself. It's very strange that Midwest doesn't have those flights loaded yet as there is definately demand for Orlando service over Thanksgiving.

Looking at their route map, Midwest indicates that Orlando is "seasonal through September." I'm not really sure what that means.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
I just noticed that myself. It's very strange that Midwest doesn't have those flights loaded yet as there is definately demand for Orlando service over Thanksgiving.

Looking at their route map, Midwest indicates that Orlando is "seasonal through September." I'm not really sure what that means.
As a follow up...

After my last post I called YX to ask. The first guy I talked to didn't seem to have a clue about anything; so I hung up and called back. The woman I spoke to said they have not determined the routes and they have no idea when they will. She got kind of snotty in saying "well, this is the first year we have been seasonal. we have been year round the last 12 years and need to determine our schedule". So, it sounded from her like they will, but who knows when! It also worries me that YX will jack up the fare since all the other airlines are so high. I assume Airtran is so high b/c they have no competition on the non-stop and the other airlines are getting fully on their the connecting flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.