Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to EYW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2007, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Midwest Miles Executive, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Getting to EYW

I tried using my Midwest Miles to book a Northwest award flight from MKE to Key West and they can't do it because the flight to EYW is operated by a partner airline (codeshare I guess) and only Northwest operated flights can be booked using our miles.

Soooooooooo..... I know I could fly YX to FLL, but I've already done the drive down US 1 all the way to Mile Marker 0. It is quite spectacular and I recommend doing it once, however I've now done it twice and want to fly to the island so the lady and I can get our party on.

We're going over/around Thanksgiving, right now I think the cheapest flights are on 11/21 to 11/28 on Continental.

Any other thoughts to be able to use Midwest Miles or at least earn Midwest Miles on my trip?
Old Aug 28, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Transfer miles from YX to Amtrak, then transfer the miles from Amtrak to CO.

You'll be limited to a cap on transfers, but it might allow you to get one ticket.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by broolio
I tried using my Midwest Miles to book a Northwest award flight from MKE to Key West and they can't do it because the flight to EYW is operated by a partner airline (codeshare I guess) and only Northwest operated flights can be booked using our miles.

Soooooooooo..... I know I could fly YX to FLL, but I've already done the drive down US 1 all the way to Mile Marker 0. It is quite spectacular and I recommend doing it once, however I've now done it twice and want to fly to the island so the lady and I can get our party on.

We're going over/around Thanksgiving, right now I think the cheapest flights are on 11/21 to 11/28 on Continental.

Any other thoughts to be able to use Midwest Miles or at least earn Midwest Miles on my trip?

My wife and I have made the same trip twice and faced the same decision as you.

Once we flew YX to Fort Lauderdale and caught a US Airways E-170 to Key West. I don't think US Air flies the same plane on that route anymore, which is a shame because those are really roomy and nice birds. I bet you could fly a Continental Beech-190 from FLL this time around.

That trip was an especially enjoyable trip as our Saver plane to FLL was swapped for a Signature Plane ^

We flew Midwest to Atlanta on our first trip to Key West and then caught a Delta regional jet the rest of the way. I think Delta has the only direct flights from ATL to Key West, so you will probably pay a premium, especially around Thanksgiving.

Let us know how the trip goes and what you decide on. Don't forget to visit Camille's in Key West for a great meal!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.