Wiki Posts
Search

2 MD 80's

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS,UA
2 MD 80's

Are these in service yet or will they be in service, does anyone have speculation on where they will be used. I hope they use one for a MKE-SAN flight and the other for a MKE or MCI-SFO
Old May 18, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Are these in service yet or will they be in service, does anyone have speculation on where they will be used. I hope they use one for a MKE-SAN flight and the other for a MKE or MCI-SFO
I thought one was for MKE-SEA and I can't remember what the second MD80 was for. Anyway MKE-SEA starts in June.
Old May 18, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
One is for SEA, the other is a spare for a few months while some maintenance is done on the other MD-80's. So there should be another west coast route by the end of this year when the 2nd MD-88 is actually available.
Old May 19, 2007, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
One is for SEA, the other is a spare for a few months while some maintenance is done on the other MD-80's. So there should be another west coast route by the end of this year when the 2nd MD-88 is actually available.
Correct, the second MD88 is being used as a spare this summer and will be rotated through-out the fleet as maintenance needs dictate.

Assuming the take-over hasn't happened by this fall, I wouldn't be surprised to see MKE-SAN, year-round MKE-SFO, or even some seasonal resort flying.
Old May 21, 2007, 1:14 pm

shouldn't these md's be the new configuration????? if they are in service has anyone seen them with the new signature service front and saver service rear???
Old May 21, 2007, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bestcare
shouldn't these md's be the new configuration????? if they are in service has anyone seen them with the new signature service front and saver service rear???
The 2x2 seating will be installed in the MD80s during the 4th quarter. At that time, the 'Saver' portion of the cabins will get leather seating as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.