Wiki Posts
Search

determining miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: HiltonHHonors Silver; SPG Gold; Midwest Airlines
determining miles

Does anyone know if there is something on YX's website that shows the miles from point to point (how many we should get for a flight).
Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS,UA
if you look at the time tables, they should show the miles, if it's under 500 you will get 500 miles
Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I always use Great Circle Mapper whenever I want to calculate mileage, for any airline. Its always been accurate within 1 mile for me.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. We flew R/T MKE to FLL. On the outbound we went via MCI, yet we were given 1243 for both directions. I would think we would get the miles for MKE to MCI and MCI to FLL for the outbound, and FLL to MKE for the return. Unfortunately that is not how the credited us.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: NWA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG, YX, AA
Unfortunately, all airlines only credit the XXX-ZZZ miles for a flight even if you flew XXX-YYY-ZZZ if both legs were the same flight number.

NW does this on many of their flights out of MKE and I've been burned many times.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:17 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
EDIT: MKEbound beat me to it.

That is typically how you will get mileage credit (for most airlines) if your flight number is the same all the way through, versus having 2 separate flight numbers.

For example, if you fly YX 206 MKE-FLL, which shows as a 'one-stop' flight, you'll get the same mileage as a non-stop flight.

If, however, you fly (as an example) YX 580 MKE-MCI and then YX 630 MCI-FLL, you would get the correct mileage.

TD

Last edited by TommyD2; Mar 27, 2007 at 7:18 am Reason: MKEbound beat me to it.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Yeah, I learned from the (not so friendly) Midwest Miles rep in the email I sent requesting the credit. She informed met that "it would not be fair to give me the miles since I was not inconvenienced". I thought "are you kidding me with that response?"
Old Mar 29, 2007, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Originally Posted by kelleek
Does anyone know if there is something on YX's website that shows the miles from point to point (how many we should get for a flight).
http://www.milecalc.com uses the great circle distance, and allows for elite-level bonuses etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.