Search

Emergency Landing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Emergency Landing

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...oke-in-cockpit
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:58 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
I have worked with the Captain that was flying. He is a check airman. Also there was another Check airman captain (that I have also flown with) in the cabin as well as another FO.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:18 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Im suprised that there hasn't been a smart comment about the experience level of the crew yet....
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:17 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
From the news reports the only injuries were from passengers jumping off the wing onto the tarmac after they had successfully evacuated out of the exit row doors. So this show how much attention I pay to the safety briefing but is there no way down off the wing?! I thought on some planes there is a slide off the wing. How high off the ground is the wing exactly? Seems like a tricky evac for older folks, kids, etc.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:35 pm

its about 8ft off the ground. The only confirmed injury was from the woman carrying her laptop...
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wisconsin
So this show how much attention I pay to the safety briefing but is there no way down off the wing?! I thought on some planes there is a slide off the wing. How high off the ground is the wing exactly? Seems like a tricky evac for older folks, kids, etc.
I guess that only works if the plane is floating in water. @:-)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:03 am

Video of passenger interviews

Many of the passengers were flying to Kansas City for a Skills USA convention.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_ho...ia?id=15442057
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by cwe84
Im suprised that there hasn't been a smart comment about the experience level of the crew yet....
Coming in 3.....2.....1.....
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:46 am

Is there any update on this incident?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:10 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by mke9499
Is there any update on this incident?
Nothing listed yet in the NTSB database for June. Should be some entry by the end of the week.

Last edited by essxjay; Jun 23, 2010 at 11:31 am
Old Jun 29, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
After this type of event, would the passengers be compensated in any way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.