Community
Wiki Posts
Search

319 STRETCH now available online

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2010, 8:09 am
Original Poster

319 STRETCH now available online

STRETCH seating is now available for online purchase on A319 flights.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:23 am

Finally...and you can upgrade existing reservations online now with the 319 just as you could for other mixed-seating aircraft in the past.

I'm sure some of these changes are far more work and testing and misery behind the scenes that it might seem to outsiders, but nevertheless I'm glad it's finally out there.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
Thanks so much for this info! I immediately went to my MM account and purchased Stretch seats for 4 upcoming reserved flights (over $200 worth--several passengers). Wish this info could come from YX but I usually find out about things like this on FT first! I also noticed that previously purchased Signature seats ($35) on my flights are now Stretch seats being sold for $25. Should I request my $10 back? Aren't Stretch seats the same seats as the rest of the plane except with more legroom (Whereas Signature seats were acually a different type of seat -bigger, wider -than Savers?)? Eagerly anticipating Tuesday...
Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:23 pm

I'd guess they wouldn't make a big deal about the online Stretch purchase ability on the 319 until it was rolled out for a bit in case it was buggy and had to be rolled back. No matter how much QA you do, it just seems that the real end users can uncover problems which testers can't.

I'm not sure you'll have any luck with the $10 refund on the change in upgrade costs, but you might want to write. The upgrades you had previously purchased for $35 -- if those are on E190 flights sold as Midwest, there's a decent chance you'll still get the wide seats. At least if your travel is fairly soon. I'm not sure there has been any official word that the 2x1 section on the exiting E190's is being taken out and replaced with 2x2 (though there have been rumblings of that), but even if that is the case it doesn't seem to be happening instantly. Some of the E190's went into service with all-2x2, but those seem primiarly to be in the Frontier network.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.