Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brand announcement invitation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MostlyAir

Feel special blue, this list was pulled together by some pretty high up people and you were included. Some Denver people would have got a similar email.

I'm glad I was able to send it out. I was afraid I wasn't going to find an internet connection in Louisville.
Thanks Mostly Air! Please pass along my thanks and appreciation to whomever was responsible for adding my name to the list. Hopefully I can thank them in person on the 13th.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Thanks Mostly Air! Please pass along my thanks and appreciation to whomever was responsible for adding my name to the list. Hopefully I can thank them in person on the 13th.
Blue, if you are able to attend, we will count on you to provide your usual great account here on the board.

Hope that you have an outstanding time and are able to leave the proceedings with a truly good feeling about the future of _________________ Airlines.

Last edited by mke9499; Apr 3, 2010 at 9:28 am
Old Apr 3, 2010, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by knope2001
"we reveal our 1 promise, 1 vision and 1 goal for the new brand."
I fear you're right; it would be sad if marketing nonsense prevailed rather than a 'proper' name.

In Britain we had a merged train franchise rebrand itself as "One Railway" and of course it is a silly name, not to mention the confusing announcements: "The eleven forty One train will depart..." The name was ditched after only a couple of years: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7144012.stm
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:05 pm

The Denver Post reports the results of the customer and employee surveys:

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_14811266
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
The Denver Post reports the results of the customer and employee surveys:

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_14811266
Republic is under no obligation to reveal details about the survey responses.

Of course they'll claim it was a dead heat...adds to the suspense of the upcoming announcement.

This article just used the word "one promise, one vision, one goal" instead of 1 promise, 1 vision, 1 goal. Who knows how the original actually read.

I'm sticking by my prediction that Frontier is the emerging name.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Republic is under no obligation to reveal details about the survey responses.

Of course they'll claim it was a dead heat...adds to the suspense of the upcoming announcement.

This article just used the word "one promise, one vision, one goal" instead of 1 promise, 1 vision, 1 goal. Who knows how the original actually read.

I'm sticking by my prediction that Frontier is the emerging name.
If what you think is true, then why have Bedford come to Milwaukee to make the announcement? I don't believe the story that Milwaukee was a shorter trip either.... Sorry Mostlyair
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by flyYX
If what you think is true, then why have Bedford come to Milwaukee to make the announcement? I don't believe the story that Milwaukee was a shorter trip either.... Sorry Mostlyair
Yeah, I don't buy the "shorter trip" either.

Most logical reason that Milwaukee was chosen is that they have a hangar there, which could be useful if they are revealing the new identity using an aircraft.

Plus, the F9 brand needs more "help" in Milwaukee than it does in Denver, where it's already established. If Frontier is the new brand, Milwaukee is definitely where you want to center your marketing efforts.

I'm also not buying the notion that "one" or "1" are part of the new brand. The new A320s that are coming online even this week continue to be painted in F9 colors (and painting a large jet is not a small expense), while the new Embraers are being painted in Republic colors.

I can see a scenario where Frontier is the emerging mainline brand, while Republic-branded aircraft provide the regional feed.

We'll have to wait and see what reality brings, though. My predictions are just educated guesses.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:34 pm

Most logical reason that Milwaukee was chosen is that they have a hangar there, which could be useful if they are revealing the new identity using an aircraft.

Plus, the F9 brand needs more "help" in Milwaukee than it does in Denver, where it's already established. If Frontier is the new brand, Milwaukee is definitely where you want to center your marketing efforts.

I'm also not buying the notion that "one" or "1" are part of the new brand. The new A320s that are coming online even this week continue to be painted in F9 colors (and painting a large jet is not a small expense), while the new Embraers are being painted in Republic colors.

I can see a scenario where Frontier is the emerging mainline brand, while Republic-branded aircraft provide the regional feed.

We'll have to wait and see what reality brings, though. My predictions are just educated guesses.
Hoss, there is that account from the Denver Post, which has Ian Arthur stating that the brand will be either Frontier or Midwest...not Republic and not an entirely new identity.

I am now ruling out anything like Air One, as there are just too many other entities out there with the same or similar name.

Your reasoning does make some sense, but, somehow, "harmonization" is still being given lots of play in communications, as well as "one." I do not believe that the use of these words is without some purpose and intent, even if they will just be used in some way for promotion and ad campaigns.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: N23344
It's the most convenient place for Bedford and Fornaro to meet
Old Apr 4, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by 8C4IOW
It's the most convenient place for Bedford and Fornaro to meet
At this point in time anything's possible.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:34 am

Wow..I'm really getting slammed for my convenience theory.

MKE is probably the better place to do an unveiling if they were going to do one because of the hangar. Even if they did have a hangar in DEN it would be really inconvenient, because those hangars are really out of the way. The MKE hangar is right off the highway. They do have a nice size hangar in IND, BB pointed it out to me when I got the chance to sit next to him on a trip to IND. But they would probably prefer to have the announcement in one of their hubs so MKE is the best choice. I guess I walked myself into another convenience theory.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by MostlyAir
BB pointed it out to me when I got the chance to sit next to him on a trip to IND.
You got to sit next to BB? I would have thought you'd be sitting on his lap.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
I like the idea of the regional feed maybe branded as "Frontier Connect." This would allow them to keep part of the Midwest name (kind of). I wonder where they are going to determine the split between regional and mainline? E190 as mainline and E170 as regional? Or are they going to include the E170's as mainline?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
I like the idea of the regional feed maybe branded as "Frontier Connect." This would allow them to keep part of the Midwest name (kind of). I wonder where they are going to determine the split between regional and mainline? E190 as mainline and E170 as regional? Or are they going to include the E170's as mainline?
I wouldn't consider an E170 a regional jet even though it is in the name. The way that I define regional is if I can actually stand up in it without cranking my head.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../8/1266881.jpg
Republic E170 flying for Frontier, before they canceled the contract.

Last edited by MostlyAir; Apr 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm
Old Apr 4, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
I can see them keeping E170 as mainline since that is how they are considered now. I am still wondering how they are planning on handling the 135s/145s if they will be under Frontier or run as a regional feed ala Lynx or Midwest Connect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.