Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YX re-announces MKE-STL service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2010, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
A and B are both good options.

Another idea worth consideration is to simply replicate what jetBlue does. David Neeleman came up with the idea of training a team of agents that could work at home using computers to access the reservations system. By doing something like this, Republic would have a dedicated group of trained individuals that could be utilized to handle many of the incoming calls.

Not only would this save costs from having dedicated space to house these workers, but would also allow enough flexability to match staffing levels with call volumes. Keep a list of employees willing to work overtime and they can take calls when demand is high (weather related cancellations/delays, schedule changes, etc.). Having these types of employees would also allow Republic to be more proactive when disruptions are possible.

This would go along ways to helping resolve current problems with the call center while keeping costs in check.

Just an idea....
I concur with your options. Since we have all been encouraged to book travel on-line, I believe that Midwest customers would not mind modifying their reservations themselves, especially if it resulted in a prompt transaction.

Since people generally do not like unexpected change, a prolonged wait on the phone gives an already unhappy customer time to become even more irritated. I truly give credit to the agents who must deal with some of the very challenging situations they are presented - trying to resolve problems with available resources, while still trying to keep a satisfied customer, is not easy. Sometimes, the solution the customer is expecting is just not logistically possible.

As far as agents working from home, my understanding is that there are agents working from home; at least there have been in the past.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by bluethunder

a) Enhance the Web site to perform most, if not all, of the possible modifications a call center agent can do to a reservation manually.
This seems to work for AirTran. The website allows more options than the current YX site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.