Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHJ - Sharjah

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

SHJ - Sharjah

I'm going to be spending some time in the Middle East, and will be flying about on Air Arabia. That means I'm going to be spending time around SHJ. Any recommended places to stay, especially near the airport? And how's the city? Any reason to linger there?
Old Oct 17, 2005, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I'm going to be spending some time in the Middle East, and will be flying about on Air Arabia. That means I'm going to be spending time around SHJ. Any recommended places to stay, especially near the airport? And how's the city? Any reason to linger there?
It's number 3 or so out of the Emirates, but everyone I know from Sharjah (including members of the Sharjah royal family) prefers Abu Dhabi (for political reasons) and Dubai (when politics is not at play and they want to be at play). Two days in Sharjah was enough for me .... but I guess it depends on how much time you have and what you want to do.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
About the only fun thing for a westerner there is the mall. The American University is pretty cool too. But you'll probably want to drive to Dubai for other activities.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
Sharjah

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Having lived in Sharjah for 6 years, I do suggest you visit University City, the Heritage area and museum. There isn't a good hotel at the airport and the best postioned hotel for getting to Dubai would be the Millennium on the Buheira Corniche, which is the nicest part of town.
Have a nice stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.