Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Transit for connecting flights at Dubai airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Connecting via 2 international Emirates flights all on one ticket. What is the transit process from arrival flight to departure flight both at terminal 3?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by floridastorm
Connecting via 2 international Emirates flights all on one ticket. What is the transit process from arrival flight to departure flight both at terminal 3?
Hello

If on same tickets I am not sure what you mean with 'transit', it's a straightforward transfer/ connection.

You arrive at DXB, go through transfer security, go to the departure gate with a stop over in the lounge/ restaurant, duty free...
Old Apr 15, 2023, 2:51 am

Perhaps the OP meant vis-a-vis going through immigration (it's not necessary).

For an Emirates to Emirates transfer, it's all the same terminal (T3). Just go through security again, and then you're good to go.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
Perhaps the OP meant vis-a-vis going through immigration (it's not necessary).

For an Emirates to Emirates transfer, it's all the same terminal (T3). Just go through security again, and then you're good to go.
Thank you. Yes, I was inquiring as it is for my son who is traveling by himself and wanted to make sure he had the correct procedure. I've been through Dubai years ago but have not been back since and I know the size of that airport and that English is not that readily utilized.
Old May 3, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
It is a mess if you are connecting from a non EK to EK. most airlines fly into T1 and EK flies out from T3. You have to go to connections and then go thru security and then there is no sign posted as to how to get to T3. Sometimes they have staff telling you to take the escalator down to a gate where there is a bus to take you to T3. Once you get to T3 then you have to go thru security once again. If they say it is the best or among the best airports then they have no idea how bad it is.
Old May 5, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Update on the Marhaba Lounge. It was very good and the food was excellent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.