Wiki Posts
Search

Arriving jed at 0500

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Arriving jed at 0500

My flight from Doha is supposed to land at 4:20am. By the time I go through Immigration & Customs, it will be after 5am.
A few questions:
1) Will taxis be available at that hour to go to my hotel?
2) Do taxis in Jeddah take credit cards or do I need to get Saudi cash from an airport ATM?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
My flight from Doha is supposed to land at 4:20am. By the time I go through Immigration & Customs, it will be after 5am.
A few questions:
1) Will taxis be available at that hour to go to my hotel?
2) Do taxis in Jeddah take credit cards or do I need to get Saudi cash from an airport ATM?

Thanks!
There will certainly be taxis. Jeddah, the city, wakes up early and JED, the airport, operates 24H. As far as I know a taxi will want cash, probably around SAR70/80 for central destinations.

For credit cards, Uber/Careem is an option - but there'd be the usual awkwardness/frustration of negotiating and finding the pick-up point. And, of course you'd need wifi.

I'm usually picked up, so I can't say how airport taxis work. There'll be chaps offering rides as you come out of the customs area, and this is the only airport I've taken up this sort of offer. It's illegal, so it's a sotto voce but (largely) tolerated activity. They'll ask for SAR100 or so for city destinations, say, Hamra - but will likely settle for something less. It's unregulated and uninsured, so you might be best advised to be more sensible than I, and ignore the offers.

Hotel-arranged pick-up is a possibility that would avoid immediate payment, but in terms of price it's an option best reserved for those who can bill their trip to someone else.
SUPERTRAVEL likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There will certainly be taxis. Jeddah, the city, wakes up early and JED, the airport, operates 24H. As far as I know a taxi will want cash, probably around SAR70/80 for central destinations.
Thank you for the quick response. This will give me a frame of reference when I hear the taxi price quotes.
Appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.