Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar - unvaccinated but proof of recovery?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

I am an unvaccinated UK Citizen who recovered from Covid less than 6 months ago, I have my covid recovery certificate as proof. Is it true that recovered travellers are treated the same as vaccinated? Can someone please confirm if they know of anyone who has travelled to Doha and avoided quarantine using proof of recovery?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 2:00 pm

The UK government information about travel to Qatar says that if you have proof of recovery then you are considered to have immune status for 12 months. Note the requirement for a laboratory test.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

If you have had a medically confirmed COVID-19 infection, acquired either in Qatar or overseas, you are considered to have immune status valid for twelve months from the date of the infection. An official and verifiable laboratory test result will be required as evidence of the past infection. For further guidance refer to the Ministry of Public Health website.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:46 am

The only page you should follow for Qatar travel policy is the one published by the Ministry of Public Health, which can change regularly, so keep an eye on it.

https://covid19.moph.gov.qa/EN/trave...s/default.aspx

According to that page:

Immune-Recovered: Anyone who had a medically confirmed COVID-19 infection acquired either locally or overseas is considered to have immune status valid for twelve (12) months from the date of the infection. There should be an official and verifiable laboratory test result as evidence of the past infection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.