Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Al Hosn app Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Al Hosn app Abu Dhabi

Hi all, I will be doing a very short stopover in Abu Dhabi this week. Flying in on Friday evening, departing again on Saturday morning. I will be staying at the W Hotel on Yas Island, and don't have any intention to visit anywhere else. I will just be going to the hotel, then back to the airport.

Do I need to get the Al Hosn app for this? I would rather avoid getting a PCR if possible, but just want to check if I absolutely need the app to enter Abu Dhabi or get into the hote?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all, I will be doing a very short stopover in Abu Dhabi this week. Flying in on Friday evening, departing again on Saturday morning. I will be staying at the W Hotel on Yas Island, and don't have any intention to visit anywhere else. I will just be going to the hotel, then back to the airport.

Do I need to get the Al Hosn app for this? I would rather avoid getting a PCR if possible, but just want to check if I absolutely need the app to enter Abu Dhabi or get into the hote?
Hi, quoting Ethiads website:

'To enter public places in Abu Dhabi – like hotels, restaurants and malls – you must be fully vaccinated and hold a negative PCR test result issued within 14 days.'

'to prove this, you must show the Al Hosn app (with green status) or the official health app from your country of residence'

https://www.etihad.com/en/travel-upd...el-information

So by now anything electronic with a bar code on your phone will do i.e. have an electronic vaccination pass and a printed test result.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi, quoting Ethiads website:

'To enter public places in Abu Dhabi – like hotels, restaurants and malls – you must be fully vaccinated and hold a negative PCR test result issued within 14 days.'

'to prove this, you must show the Al Hosn app (with green status) or the official health app from your country of residence'

https://www.etihad.com/en/travel-upd...el-information

So by now anything electronic with a bar code on your phone will do i.e. have an electronic vaccination pass and a printed test result.
Thanks, I actually just got back, and for anyone else in a similar situation, you do not need the Al Hosn app or a negative test result if you are just staying in the hotel.

You only need it if you are going to be dining in any of the restaurants in the hotel or going to other public places like shops, restaurants, etc.

For my purposes, as I was just doing a short layover, I was happy to just stay in the hotel.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:09 pm

I can confirm. Sleeping at a hotel was no problem at all. If I wanted to dine-in at the restaurant, use the hotel pool, gym, etc. then I would have needed the AlHosn with green status. So for getting food room service was the only option.
Also grocery shopping is possible without AlHosn. It is required only at the entrance to shopping malls.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Leaving for Dubai soon - having read what the official websites say about the Al Hosn app
Not quite clear who is considered unvaccinated - if you've had 2, 3 or even 4 doses but six months have gone by - does that mean you are officially unvaccinated - and need a PCR test every 3 days ?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: EY Platinum
You don't need al Hosn in Dubai - it's just for Abu Dhabi
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Just following up that Al Hosn is still not required for those only staying in a hotel
room during transit, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.