U by Emaar Loyalty Program

Old Jan 13, 2022, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
U by Emaar Loyalty Program

Is anyone a member of U By Emaar?
As a result of my NYE stay at the Address Fountain Views I seem to have made it to Silver which just gives late checkout and 20% off any f&b.

I could theoretically make it up another level to Gold quite easily which will give comp breakfast, room upgrades, and 25% f&b discount. But is it actually worth it?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Good question. I plan on booking NYE 2023 at the Palace Downtown and I'm wondering what the benefit would be oppose to using other channels. I'll compare my options before finalizing my reservation. So, how many nights did you stay? How many nights can you stay to get Gold on the first stay?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Good question. I plan on booking NYE 2023 at the Palace Downtown and I'm wondering what the benefit would be oppose to using other channels. I'll compare my options before finalizing my reservation. So, how many nights did you stay? How many nights can you stay to get Gold on the first stay?
It's a revenue based system. So 2aed is 1 point. So I spent just over 20k aed for my 3 nights at the Address and so got just over 10k points bringing me to silver.

For gold you need 25k points so that's 50k aed spend.

For me to move up from silver that's 30k spend basically. So now off peak season that's just like a nice week or so at an Address. So it's easy to achieve. I'm just not sure on the benefits.

Free breakfast is nice as I never pay the $100 they want pp. Room upgrades sounds nice as well if it's actually to nicer categories and not just a higher floor.

Platinum level is 120k aed spend and that's suite upgrades and Dubai Mall lounge access.

But I don't think I care for the Address group enough for that level.
​​
Old Jan 14, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Thank you for the breakdown. Honestly, the only hotel they manage that I would even book would be the palace downtown, and I can't see staying there weeks on end (to accumalate those many points), so I'll just go for new years (4-5 nights), and be done with it. I like how the hotel is laid out and not a high rise and the location can't be beat. But, I definitely understand your concern about the benefits or the lack thereof.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
But I don't think I care for the Address group enough for that level.​
This is the key for me. Emaar F&B is generally mediocre and there are so many choice in Dubai that I rarely find their properties of interest. Agree that the Palace is worthwhile, and, although I don't really like the area, I might give the new Jumeirah Beach location a try. I'll probably check out the Umm Al Quwain Vida just for the heck of it. But I don't see myself ever staying enough to care about the program.
Global Adventurer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.