Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Iran and coronavirus, turkish airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Hi guys
I have posted it in turkish miles subforum but maybe it's more visible here.
Hope you can help me in this 24 hours remaining for me.We are departing from lyon, France tomorrow toward Iran (layoff in Istanbul) for one month with my 2 French young children (5 month, 5 y.o). I’m Persian & American. It’s is a round ticket bought directly from Turkish airlines. I would like to cancel this flight and get the refund. Here are the latest condition on coronavirus:

Turkey has closed all land borders with Iran and only flights to Iran ( and not from iran) are possible from Feb23 rd. In the announce, they say that it’s temporary and they don’t mention any date.

Can I use any way (bought ticket with a gold visa card which comes with a travel insurance) to be refunded?

If my children get sick over there, I believe that French repatriation is not easily possible.
what should i do?
thanks for any advise
(P.S. I have catch a normal caugh these days without any fever)
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
If TK and/or the Turkish government has forbidden travel to/from Iran, your tickets are unusable. Contact who you bought your tickets from (looks like directly from TK so TK in your case) for a refund, or rearrangement.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Thank you
I contacted them & i could be refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.