Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

UAE: Medication registration - List and experience

Old Jan 15, 20, 6:15 am
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: OW Ruby (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond

Since the new requirement to register and get approval for medications when travelling to UAE, is there some experience here ? It seems to me, if I understand all correctly, that only the medications on these lists need to be registered:
https://www.mohap.gov.ae/Files/MOH_S...deline.pdf.pdf
https://www.mohap.gov.ae/Files/MOH_S...4-2019.pdf.pdf

If the medication I travel with are not on those two PDF then I would have nothing to do (except take a copy of prescription and the original packaging with me), including at customs/immigration. Does recent experiences agree with this ?
Old Yesterday, 3:12 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
Since the new requirement to register and get approval for medications when travelling to UAE, is there some experience here ? It seems to me, if I understand all correctly, that only the medications on these lists need to be registered:
https://www.mohap.gov.ae/Files/MOH_S...deline.pdf.pdf
https://www.mohap.gov.ae/Files/MOH_S...4-2019.pdf.pdf

If the medication I travel with are not on those two PDF then I would have nothing to do (except take a copy of prescription and the original packaging with me), including at customs/immigration. Does recent experiences agree with this ?
Nothing is required. Just bring along a copy of the prescription documentation/order/receipt, whatever your pharmacy or doctor gives you. I carry the info with me no matter where I travel to. Just in the event of an emergency, you'll have all the information to provide to some one. I've been in and out of Dubai numerous times, still in Dubai now, and not once have they ever looked at my medications or supplements. I carry a full shopping bag full of all kinds of vitamins and a few prescriptions that will last all my travels, 90+ days and not one country I've been to asked about them. I stock pile them off Amazon U.S. because they're cheaper than buying anywhere else I travel. Even cheaper than the Amazon in Dubai (UAE).

Don't worry you'll be fine.
Old Yesterday, 7:27 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 5+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Thanks, that is re-assuring.
Old Yesterday, 8:05 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Thanks, that is re-assuring.
You're welcome 😊 Also, if you think you'll be visiting Dubai again, make sure you sign up for smart gates when you present your passport to the immigration officer. Just tell them you would like to sign up for smart gates, and they will program your passport to be used on the automatic gates. They'll put a stamp on the back of your passport and you'll be good to go. It's all computerized, so you don't need to complete an application or anything. Takes less than a minute. Enjoy your stay!
Old Yesterday, 8:39 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 5+ Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

I actually will be in Abu Dhabi, but I assumed the same applies.
Old Yesterday, 10:54 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

I actually will be in Abu Dhabi, but I assumed the same applies.
Yes, Abu Dhabi has smart gates too. But, I believe they're independent of Dubai's.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: