Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Independent travel as tourist to Saudi - KSA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Independent travel as tourist to Saudi - KSA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Leaving JED, I asked immigration when my tourist visa expires. At first he said in three months, but I realized that was for each entry. Neither he nor his colleague could tell me when the damned visa expires.

Should I go to the consulate, or would that just add to the comedy of errors?
I haven't seen any copy of the tourist visas ... it doesn't list an expiration date?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:42 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
I haven't seen any copy of the tourist visas ... it doesn't list an expiration date?
Nope.

Just a note that says it's multiple-entry, and a couple of other numbers, I think one being the visa number. Pfft.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:15 pm

Nope.

Just a note that says it's multiple-entry, and a couple of other numbers, I think one being the visa number. Pfft.
Hmm! Interesting lol 😂
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Looking at my last 1-year business visa, it doesn't have an expiry date as such, but has a "Date" (which was the issued date) and a "Validity : 365D". Both of these are on the visa in both English and Arabic. Any chance one of the other numbers you're talking about could be the "validity" length?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:46 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by docbert
Looking at my last 1-year business visa, it doesn't have an expiry date as such, but has a "Date" (which was the issued date) and a "Validity : 365D". Both of these are on the visa in both English and Arabic. Any chance one of the other numbers you're talking about could be the "validity" length?
Fair suggestion, but after running it by Arabic-speaking friends AND immigration, none of them found a validity date.

Is your visa a sticker, or was it handwritten? The tourist visa is...handwritten.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is your visa a sticker, or was it handwritten? The tourist visa is...handwritten.
My business visa is a full-page sticker, so yes, very different to the on-arrival one if it's handwritten!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
As of Jan 2, people holding visas from the US, UK or the Schengen area can obtain a visa on arrival.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1608026/saudi-arabia
GACA allows entry of Schengen, UK and US visa holders irrespective of nationalities - Saudi Gazette
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nayef
As of Jan 2, people holding visas from the US, UK or the Schengen area can obtain a visa on arrival.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1608026/saudi-arabia
GACA allows entry of Schengen, UK and US visa holders irrespective of nationalities - Saudi Gazette
Must be working out nicely for them.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:30 pm

Seems like this waiver is restricted to Saudi-based airlines.

http://www.gdnonline.com/Details/726...sa-regulations

More cash-grabbing.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by docbert
This is not 1 year business visa. You have 3650 Days visa which is 10 years visa. My business visa is the same and its for 10 years.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: *G (NH); OWS (JL); STE (KE)
I just applied for an e-visa for a trip to Jeddah in February. It was a bit of a hassle to re-size a photo to upload onto the website that fit the requirements (200 X 200 px; less than 100Kb - I used a photo of my passport photo taken by my iphone that I had cropped), but once that was successfully done the rest of the online process was very straightforward. The approved e-visa was sent as a PDF attachment to my email within just a minute or two after having completed the application. Super easy! The PDF clearly states 1-year validity, multiple entry and stays of up to 90 days.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by bwiadca
This is not 1 year business visa. You have 3650 Days visa which is 10 years visa. My business visa is the same and its for 10 years.
There are definitely 365D/1 year business visas (I've had four).

My latest one does specify an expiry date though now - not just 365D.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:41 pm

This is an arrangement specific for US-passport holders. ps107 likely isn't an American citizen, so they likely wouldn't get a 10-year visa.
ps107 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:00 am

I can absolutely guarantee you that what I have is a 1 year business visa. That's what I applied for. That's what I paid for (at a price significantly higher than the 6 month option, but less than the 2 year option), and that's what I received. My previous visa, which was a 6 months visa, has a validity field of "180 D". As did the 6 month one before that.

The "D" after all of them is very clearly a "D" and not a "0".
ps107 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Ok I was giving my best guess. Few years ago I've applied for my visa and I was given 10 years multiple entry business visa. I also couldn't find the exparation date but it shows 3650. I've inquired about it during my very first visit to KSA and the border agent told me that the number 3650 is how long my visa is good for, from the day it was issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.