Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iran Experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Smile Iran Experience

I've recently been in Iran for about a month, people were really kind and hospitable but I had a lot of problems with Iranian currency and also exchanging rate was very complicated. I have a suggestion for those want to enjoy their trip to buy tourists debit card in advance to their trip much more enjoyable without any stress of running out of their cash!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: QF; VA; AS
When I was in Iran, albeit 9 years ago I simply carried USD in cash and had no problem changing them anywhere. Certainly every hotel I stayed at was more than happy to change them. Maybe it’s all different now.

Last edited by Scottyrocket; Feb 25, 2019 at 1:22 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 26, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by Paultan
I've recently been in Iran for about a month, people were really kind and hospitable but I had a lot of problems with Iranian currency and also exchanging rate was very complicated. I have a suggestion for those want to enjoy their trip to buy tourists debit card in advance to their trip much more enjoyable without any stress of running out of their cash!
Not sure what a "tourists debit card" is. Int'l ATM/debit cards don't work in Iran because of the sanctions.

We were in Iran 2 or 3 years ago, and we had no problem exchanging money. Our guide took us to the exchange streets and it was smooth.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:44 pm

You are right everything had changed. these days exchange rate changes a lot, even 2 or 3 times a day, It was really hard for me to check the price before all payments, and sometimes specially in far areas it was somehow impossible to do so.
I didn't know about tourist cards then but when I returned home one of my friends told me about Daricpay and another tourist cards which you can buy them in advance and use them as a national debit card. I'll definitely try them for my next trip.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:05 pm

I was in Iran in December, and had no trouble changing money. I just walked around with cash on me. No problem.

Just avoid the touts at the airport as they want you to change money at the 'bank rate' which is less than half as much as the street rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.