Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

TLV airport and Jerusalem connected by high-speed train

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLV airport and Jerusalem connected by high-speed train

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by jblueflyer
Wow, Im definitely using this when Im back in Jerusalem. Getting to TLV and back within a predictable time window is next to impossible. We almost missed our flight last time around.
Did you plan to arrive at the terminal three hours before departure?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: Mariott SE, HH, SPG SE, LT S, 9W BP
Originally Posted by mbgg
Did you plan to arrive at the terminal three hours before departure?
Oh yes, we did ! IIRC we took a private cab and not a sheerut and still only made it just in time. People warned us that security will take longer than most airports but they were quite efficient IMO, it was getting to the airport that took longer than planned.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG
So if I'm understanding correctly, anyone can take the train from Jerusalem to the airport. Just those with a personal card will need a voucher and can get a free ticket? I'd just go to the station, buy a ticket at an automated machine, load it onto my anonymous Rav Kav card and be on my way? Just confused as it seems you are suppose to have a voucher, which I can't get without a personal card. And I would rather not be figuring this out while trying to get to the airport, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited by alphaeagle; Nov 24, 2018 at 9:12 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
No more need for a voucher. Anyone can ride the train.

If you have a Rav-Kav, you can "buy" a ticket at the station in Jerusalem to anywhere in the country (one-way or round-trip) for free. Otherwise, you pay for your ticket (e.g. paper one-way ticket, paying in advance online for a ticket on Rav-Kav).
When starting at TLV, you can now also get a free ticket if "buying" on a Rav-Kav to Jerusalem Navon (this is as of last Thursday).
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:59 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
What is the current status of this ?
Would it run a Saturday afternoon ? Is having a Rav-Kav still mandatory or can tourists purchase a ticket at Ben Gurion ?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:11 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Would it run a Saturday afternoon ?
It will never run on Shabbat, the Jewish Sabbath (a few minutes before sunset on Friday through approximately an hour after sundown on Saturday).
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:45 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Thanks. I was not sure when Shabbat ended exactly.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
How reliable has the service been overall? Any experience with the kind of delays or cancellations (if any) that it has been facing in either direction in the last four months?

A relatively recent post in another thread on this forum mentioned that the train is unreliable. How unreliable is it?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 2:04 pm

It is still sufficiently unreliable that I don't recommend using the train going TO the airport because you don't want any chance of missing the flight, no matter how small.
awayIgo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.