Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oman Visa Advice

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
There's no difficulty in getting a visa on arrival. If that is that you want, recent stamps from UAE will make not a jot of difference. The visa on arrival desk is separate from the immigration facility. Agents at the VOA desk will give a your passport a cursory inspection to assess the visa rate, and then sell you the visa. Pay by cash or credit card and its all over in a minute or so. You then move over to the immigration lines were the official has the final say of whether you are welcomed into Oman: here, your documents are formally inspected and you are stamped into the country.

The e-visa advantages are simply that it is a little cheaper than the VOA, and avoids the slight hassle of going through the above process. Some prefer to move the hassle a spare half hour at home.

================================================== ======

If you want (free) entry under a common visa agreement, it's not a UAE visa you need, it's a Dubai visa: and you must travel to Oman directly from Dubai.

If you ant to follo this path, it's probably a good idea to tell the immigration agent at Dubai that you are going to Oman and want to the appropriate visa to allow you to use the common entry agreement between the two countries.
Thanks a bunch. I'll be flying from Dubai R/T to Muscat. So, it should work pretty well.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Thanks a bunch. I'll be flying from Dubai R/T to Muscat. So, it should work pretty well.
Still, it might be an idea to work your way through this, and make sure you can match the conditions and requirements (unsponsored visas, then visa type 21):

https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/types-of-visa?p_p_id=ViewVisaTypes_WAR_viewvisawizardportle t&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p _p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_ViewVisaTypes_WAR_viewvisawizar dportlet_myaction=viewVisaType
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:29 pm

TIMATIC (Expertflyer) says that Visa on Arrival is still an option. Has anyone entered Oman recently?

Visa required, except for Nationals of Canada with a normal passport traveling as tourists can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 1 month. They must have a return/onward ticket and a hotel reservation confirmation or a private residential address with contact details in Oman.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
TIMATIC (Expertflyer) says that Visa on Arrival is still an option. Has anyone entered Oman recently?
It was certainly an option a a short time back, and I can't see it changing: I reckon the parallel systems are here to stay.

There was considerable pushback from the country's tourism bodies to implementation of an e-visa only system.

They've tried sweetening the e-visa system with lower visa costs. And to be fair the online process isn't so onerous - and can save you a modest amount of time on arrival
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:07 pm

It was certainly an option a a short time back, and I can't see it changing: I reckon the parallel systems are here to stay.

There was considerable pushback from the country's tourism bodies to implementation of an e-visa only system.

They've tried sweetening the e-visa system with lower visa costs. And to be fair the online process isn't so onerous - and can save you a modest amount of time on arrival
So you used Oman VoA recently? You can pay with cc? From what I've read VoA is 6OMR. I can't see eVisas being lower.
EDIT: it's 5OMR. I'd still rather wait in line.

Last edited by yerffej201; Oct 14, 2019 at 12:12 pm
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you used Oman VoA recently? You can pay with cc? From what I've read VoA is 6OMR. I can't see eVisas being lower.
I've got the e-visa thing down to a fine art. But I passed the VoA counter, busy as ever, just before the immigration lines. As for credit card, it always was accepted, so I can't imagine they've discontinued it.

If you were required to have a visa, and there were no VoA facility, your carrier would not let you board without showing a visa.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:19 am

I've got the e-visa thing down to a fine art. But I passed the VoA counter, busy as ever, just before the immigration lines. As for credit card, it always was accepted, so I can't imagine they've discontinued it.

If you were required to have a visa, and there were no VoA facility, your carrier would not let you board without showing a visa.
Right. There's not too much information on whether the VoA facilities still exist as of the past month or two (other than what you have said). Is e-visa instant?
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
It's frustrating that you can only get the e-visa up to one month in advance.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My Oman VOAs have been paid with mainly using chipped bank cards and entering the PIN, but at times I did have problems with some payment cards not being accepted at the VOA counter.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Can you use UAE currency at the VOA counter? I seem to recall so (at a ratio of 10 AED: 1 OMR) but wouldn't swear by it. In two recent trips, I have gotten the e-visa in advance (approved in one day each time) but the VOA counter was still there and pretty empty of customers.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
... There's not too much information on whether the VoA facilities still exist as of the past month or two (other than what you have said). Is e-visa instant?
Just a quick FYI for everyone

I landed at MCT yesterday (Nov 5th)
The VoA facility is still there. When I walked past it, there was one person manning the counter, no customers.

(I already had my e-Visa.
I flew MH to KUL then WY to MCT.
Before both flights I was asked if I "already had an e-Visa")

ALSO
My e-Visa was issued in under two hours
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Filled out my e-visa application today, which only took a few minutes. It was approved a few hours later.

All in all an easy process -- I just wish you could apply sooner than ~1 month before you arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.