Egypt/Cairo TWOV

Old Apr 6, 18, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Egypt/Cairo TWOV

I see on "timatic" that those in transit through Egypt (less than 48 hours) are eligible for "transit without visa". I have a flight with a less-than-48 hours stopover, and would like to use this option (saving $25 and a page in my passport, if possible). Has anyone experienced it? Does it work, and if so - how?
Old Apr 6, 18, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

That sounds like a "no"...
Old Apr 7, 18, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
I see on "timatic" that those in transit through Egypt (less than 48 hours) are eligible for "transit without visa". I have a flight with a less-than-48 hours stopover, and would like to use this option (saving $25 and a page in my passport, if possible). Has anyone experienced it? Does it work, and if so - how?
Gosh - this question crops up so often. Timatic and the Egyptian authorities do not sing from the same hymn sheet. You are welcome to try for a transit without visa, but be prepared for failure unless Egyptair takes care of your transit. In this case I understand the airline surrenders your passport to the border police while you stay in the hotel MS arranges for you, or go on an excursion to the pyramids etc etc

It's probably better to fork out the $25 and avoid the hassle.
Old Apr 8, 18, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Gotcha, $25 it is. Thank you for the reply!

Search this Thread