Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best 5 star hotel in Tel Aviv near beach

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Can you please recommend a 5 star hotel located near the beach in Tel Aviv that you would recommend in terms of total hotel experience? Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:55 pm

Look at the reviews on www.booking.com or Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g...ct-Hotels.html
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I assume the OP wanted some personal experience and not a link to tripadvisor.

I usually stay with family in Holon so cannot help you
I would recommend that if you are not that familiar with Tel Aviv, I would stay close to the ocean. Some of the really "hip" areas with boutique hotels are not the same places you would feel comfortable walking at night especially if traveling alone.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by keisari
I assume the OP wanted some personal experience and not a link to tripadvisor.
The reviews on booking.com and Tripadvisor are the personal experiences of hundreds of tourists who have stayed at the hotels.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
You have to know how Israeli an experience you want. The Sheraton, for example, is a fine hotel - I've stayed there - but it can be hard to tell what country you're in. That's a slight exaggeration, but its Sheraton-ness is stronger than its Israel-ness. I'm not saying that's bad, just that this question can help you narrow down your choices one way or the other.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Generally considered that the Intercontinental is the best, but none are breathtaking. When are you traveling, later this year the Setai is opening in Jaffa, and W will open in May. Also, consider moving away from the beach, where you have top class boutique hotels like The Norman - this article might be useful.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Efrem
You have to know how Israeli an experience you want. The Sheraton, for example, is a fine hotel - I've stayed there - but it can be hard to tell what country you're in. That's a slight exaggeration, but its Sheraton-ness is stronger than its Israel-ness. I'm not saying that's bad, just that this question can help you narrow down your choices one way or the other.
Very helpful thanks. Just booked Mrs. B into the Sheraton at a point+cash rate. Now we just need to find the safest/best/cheapest airport transfer from TLV. Taxi, uber or car service??
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA GS/1Mil Flyer, Pond scum on everything else.
No Uber. You want GETT (Can use Credit Cards) or just take a taxi. Between TLV airport and Tel Aviv it is a fixed fare but she'll need NIS. ATMs available in baggage claim.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:45 am

Just be aware that unlike Uber, Gett has a crappy customer service when you get ripped off by the taxi driver.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:52 am

You don't need Gett, Uber or any other car service. The official taxi service is well supervised and regulated. Ignore anyone that approaches you in the terminal, go out the main terminal doors, walk down to the road and turn to the left (follow the signs). The fares are posted on one of the columns and there is a dispatcher there to direct you. Tell the driver that you want the fixed price: you can check it in advance here:
http://www.iaa.gov.il/en-US/airports...alculator.aspx
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mbgg
You don't need Gett, Uber or any other car service. The official taxi service is well supervised and regulated. Ignore anyone that approaches you in the terminal, go out the main terminal doors, walk down to the road and turn to the left (follow the signs). The fares are posted on one of the columns and there is a dispatcher there to direct you. Tell the driver that you want the fixed price: you can check it in advance here:
http://www.iaa.gov.il/en-US/airports...alculator.aspx
My wife and I did exactly this to get to the Hilton last year. No wait and a reasonable (and known) fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.