Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

TMobile Users Israel/Palestine

Old Apr 1, 15, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

TMobile users receive free data/text in most countries throughout the world. The only problem I have had was this past trip when I was in Jerusalem. Simply put, Israel is free, Palestine is not. I stayed in Bethlehem this past trip, so I had my phone on airplane mode the whole time. I ventured over to Jerusalem, and turned on my phone. I got the standard welcome to Israel text. Now the strange part is, I was visiting the Dome of the Rock area, and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I thought nothing of it, as I thought it was just some early morning work related or news related emails. I checked 30 min later and my heart dropped after seeing this text.

The whole time I was uploading pics to my facebook in my pocket. I am scared to death that I was using the $15/mb data package, and I guess I will find out soon. Hopefully it wasn't activated without dialing the number provided, but I did receive other texts.

So basically the word of advice is keep your phone on airplane mode in East Jerusalem/Dome of the Rock area. You might be in for a nasty surprise.
Old Apr 1, 15, 2:29 pm

Unfortunately this happens near "border"areas. I've been in the Jordan Valley and my Orange ( Israeli cell provider) will send me a text to tell me I have left Israel and I am now roaming in Jordan!
Old Apr 2, 15, 8:31 am

Most phones have the ability to manually choose which network you're on. If you have it in automatic mode near a border it may roam onto an undesirable network, but if you have in manual mode you should be able to lock it onto a carrier that only exists on the "right" side of the border.