Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Iran: visa on arrival for European citizen living in the US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Hello all,

Iran issues visas on arrival for most nationalities, and as of a few weeks ago they do so for free - the only condition being that you applied for an e-Visa ahead of time. Sounds simple enough in theory.

However I happen to live in the US, and I was wondering if this may decrease my chances of obtaining a visa on arrival.

I could play it safe and apply for a "traditional" visa but the process is very lengthy and I'm reluctant to being without a passport for 4 to 8 weeks. Does anybody have any experience with this situation?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
I don't know for the US but here in the Netherlands we can get a 2nd passport (valid for 2 years instead of 5 years) to avoid situations that you have to hand your passport to embassies for VISA. like this you can still travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.