Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Beirut, Lebanon and passport stamps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:28 am
mav
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner

I am not sure where to post this question, but has anyone here been denied entry into Lebanon because of having a stamp in their passport into Jordan and Egypt? If so, is there a way around this?
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 7:30 am
mav
Original Poster

Please disregard this post. I found an alternative in getting what is called a secondary passport.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:55 am

Jordan and Egypt stamps are no issues at all.

However, on my last trip to the Lebanon, I've had a VERY stamped passport, where some pages had 12+ stamps, and this over the full set of 40 or so sites, so it was rather impossible for the immigration officer to read/check them all. He asked me if there was an stamp from Israel, which I correctly said no, then was winked through. Both at entry and exit of the country. So I'm taking it that having an Israel stamp would NOT be ok. Everything else seems to be fine..
Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:48 pm
mav
Original Poster

Thank you for your info. I am curious... when were you there last? We would be going in February, and have been to Israel, but no stamp from there so that's ok. Since Jordan and Egypt are on their list of no nos I am afraid to risk getting stopped at the entry point and sent home. Not sure what to do now. I will be booking the trip either tonight or tomorrow.
The trip would be over my husband's birthday so it would be a shame to get sent packing.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:54 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For more discussion, let me move this to the Middle East forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I am not really sure why a stamp from either Jordan or Egypt would be considered a no-no in my country... Indeed, an Israeli stamp in your passport would actually cause a lot of issues and would most likely bar you from entering Lebanon. However, I understand that these days, Israeli immigration officials have started stamping papers/cards (a practice that they have done for a long time but have now "applied" to all foreign passport holders I believe).

Edited to add: Unless you are talking about border crossings from Jordan and/or Egypt into Israel. Nevertheless, I haven't heard of any problems for people with those stamps in their passports.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by mav
Thank you for your info. I am curious... when were you there last? We would be going in February, and have been to Israel, but no stamp from there so that's ok. Since Jordan and Egypt are on their list of no nos I am afraid to risk getting stopped at the entry point and sent home. Not sure what to do now. I will be booking the trip either tonight or tomorrow.
The trip would be over my husband's birthday so it would be a shame to get sent packing.
I was there in May 2013.

Don't see why any stamps from Jordan or Egypt are your concern - unless, as said by BEYFlyer, Egypt or Jordan give special stamps for entries from Israel at road-crossings, which would "show" the immigration officer that you must have been in Israel.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:49 pm
mav
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I was there in May 2013.

Don't see why any stamps from Jordan or Egypt are your concern - unless, as said by BEYFlyer, Egypt or Jordan give special stamps for entries from Israel at road-crossings, which would "show" the immigration officer that you must have been in Israel.
My husband found the info on wikitravel.org It said if you have a stamp from Israel, Jordan or Egypt you will be denied entry. We flew into Jordan from Israel.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by mav
My husband found the info on wikitravel.org It said if you have a stamp from Israel, Jordan or Egypt you will be denied entry. We flew into Jordan from Israel.
Wikitravel? You can ignore that safely, then.

I've been to Egypt on the very same PNR as to Lebanon, and it wasn't an issue at all. Immigration officer (very friendly, by the way) specifically asked ONLY for Israel Visa, which I denied - and was welcomed in. Beirut was a great stay, even if too short.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by mav
I would never rely on Wikitravel as an official source, but it does say more than that. It specifies that Jordanian or Egyptian entry stamps from land borders with Israel are a problem, since the only way you'd have those in your passport would be if you'd been in Israel.

Your Jordanian entry stamp should say "Queen Alia International Airport," or maybe "QAIA." That could be an arrival from anywhere.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:26 am
mav
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all the helpful info.! I think we will skip the secondary passport.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
If you have any other questions about Beirut mav, please don't hesitate to ask
Old Jul 19, 2014, 3:37 am
mav
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
If you have any other questions about Beirut mav, please don't hesitate to ask
Thank you for the help and offer for more help. We are very happy to be going. I have already booked the hotel... Radisson Blu Beirut and got a great deal that included breakfast. DH wanted a new and exciting place for his birthday so here it is. We're excited
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat
Travel to/from/between EGYPT/Jordan/Lebanon is very common, no issues at all, very short flights too.

Be sure to stay up-to-date on security situation in Beirut, quite unstable these days.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:19 am
mav
Original Poster

Actually, I have booked a fantastic air rate on United from IAD to Beirut BEY . The connection is thru Dubai! Rate is $706 which for the miles we will get I feel is very good. This is for Februrary travel and is a K fare. That along with the hotel rate all is very nice!
I appreciate all the helpful info. and yes, I will watch eve€nts in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.