Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iran Visa

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Iran Visa

I just saw on a Iran Visa website that as of 31 March Canadian and UK passports now require full government sponsored tours to be booked before a visa can be issued. (ala US passports)

I only saw this on 1 site, so not sure how true it is. Sadly all I have are CA and UK passports so if its true, I guess my idea of Iran in December has just been axed.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by SirJman
I only saw this on 1 site, so not sure how true it is.
Looks like someone didn't even look on this exact forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...ans-brits.html
Old May 8, 2014, 9:07 am

I just did a 5 day tour, just me and a private guide. Didn't have to (NZ passport), but actually worked quite well (see link to TR below).
Old May 8, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanielW
I just did a 5 day tour, just me and a private guide. Didn't have to (NZ passport), but actually worked quite well (see link to TR below).
How much was it if you dont mind?
Old May 8, 2014, 9:25 am

How much was it if you dont mind?
For five nights accommodation, having a car/driver for five full days, all meals except dinner, all entrance fee's, organising the visa reference number (but not cost of actual visa) and airport pickup & drop off, it was $820.

Going rate of driver/guide in Iran is $100 a day, so $820 was not bad.

Travelling independently is cheaper, but for only 5 days it was a great way to see a lot of the country in a short time. Obviously cheaper if it is more than one person too.
Old May 8, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanielW
For five nights accommodation, having a car/driver for five full days, all meals except dinner, all entrance fee's, organising the visa reference number (but not cost of actual visa) and airport pickup & drop off, it was $820.

Going rate of driver/guide in Iran is $100 a day, so $820 was not bad.

Travelling independently is cheaper, but for only 5 days it was a great way to see a lot of the country in a short time. Obviously cheaper if it is more than one person too.
That's a lot more reasonable than I assumed. I was expecting it to be DPRK/Bhutan expensive. Which agency did you go through?
Old May 8, 2014, 10:14 am

That's a lot more reasonable than I assumed. I was expecting it to be DPRK/Bhutan expensive. Which agency did you go through?
Pars Tour Agency: www.key2persia.com

They are one of the main agencies according to the Lonelyplanet book.
Old May 10, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
It is and it isnt.
Without a tour guide - you'd be really living large to spend $100/day in Iran.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.