Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

SYD - LXR - Transit times in AUH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2014, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT

A few questions for a first time solo female traveler to Egypt:

Am travelling SYD - LXR for work, transiting through AUH and CAI. I only have 1 hour and 5 minutes to transfer terminals at Abu Dhabi (both Etihad flights) - is this enough time, and will I need to claim bags/clear customs?

I then need to transfer terminals in Cairo for the flight to Luxor at 3 am. I assume I can take the train between terminals or is there a better way?

Many thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:04 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
It takes me less than 10 minutes to walk between terminals in AUH, so assuming your flights are on time and you don't stop to shop, you should have enough time. Go directly to the gate, don't mess with the transfer desk if you don't have to.

I have no info on CAI. Maybe someone else can help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.