Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Middle East including Egypt > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pics! - DXB metro experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

When I was in DXB last week I enjoyed taking the Metro everywhere. It was so much easier and cheaper than either renting a car or taking taxis.

The fares are AED 16 for a day pass in the Standard compartment and AED 30 for a day pass in the Gold compartment. I tried both classes but the system is extremely popular and can get quite crowded in Standard. Gold can also get busy but although you are not guaranteed a seat you will always have plenty of personal space in this part of the train.

Trains and stations are all clean and well lit. Clean lavatory facilities are available at all the stations I visited.

There are bridges between the stations and the other side of the road on the red line.

Trains come and go every 5-10 minutes and stations are easy to recognise. They all look like this one, Emirates Towers as viewed from the 29th floor of the Millennium Plaza hotel:

Gold class has luggage storage and quite decent seats:

Old May 14, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Thanks. You are on the money. I looked at the Metro options and wondered about suitability for a first time UAE vistitor. Doesn't look so bad (or scary).
Old May 16, 2013, 4:25 am

Programs: Qatar Plat
Considering how bad traffic can get in Dubai, I'll try this next time I visit! Just have to make sure a station is within walking distance, its easy to collapse walking outside in +50C weather!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.